Want to sell your home but aren’t sure of the market value?
Get Your Free Estimates of the True Market Value of Your Home from Ryan Coffey.
I will walk you through the process ahead. All you have to do in contact me and set up an appointment.
I have always endeavoured to be the sort of Realtor I would want to work with were I in the client’s position. Every Seller wants the same thing: top dollar for their home. My business model has always been one of transparency and honesty. I think that integrity and high standards is better for my business long term and in the short term a good reputation makes your listing more appealing to the real estate market. I have been in this business more than long enough to see what usually happens when people list with the Realtor who promised the moon rather than one who consistently delivers on their promises with diligent, honest work.
So, you ask, what does this mean for marketing your property? Well, I won’t go into huge detail because my competition is watching, and also because every case is unique. That said, I’ll hit on some of the major points that are part of my standard approach. For more details on what I mention below as well as what is not mentioned, please meet with me in person:
- Your property is continually advertised, day and night, until it is sold.
- Accurate and effective pricing. A combination of computerized comparisons and my daily life experience as a Realtor will help you find out your best bet for choosing a price that will get the maximum return for your property.
- Professional photos. I hire professional photographers because I know that appearance in the listing weighs heavily on Buyers’ choices of which properties to view.
- Diligent data entry. This may sounds like a dull minor detail but it’s not uncommon for me to see a home I am familiar with on market for a good price but sit there for an extended period of time (thus lowering the sale price) because it’s not showing up as having a suite (even though it does) or has more bedrooms than is showing on the system and so on. If it doesn’t show up in the MLS searches where it should, less people will see it and even those who do will not recognize it’s value unless they actually happen to go see it.
- Quality written descriptions to accurately and effectively convey your home’s appeal to maximize the chance of a serious Buyer finding and buying it. There’s more to this than simply saying the home is wonderful, it requires an insight into the minds of the various kinds of things various kinds of Buyers are looking for. Keep in mind that I work the Buyer’s side too, so I spend a lot of time thinking from their perspective as well.
- Your listing gets widely dispersed across the internet. See the image below for an illustration. What is not included here is the Royal LePage Nanaimo website, my social media pages like facebook and twitter, Canada’s MLS website Realtor.ca and this website you are on right now. Millions and millions of people are visiting these websites.
- Tour: Every Tuesday morning there is a tour of new listings in the area. In Nanaimo it alternates between North Nanaimo one week and South Nanaimo the next. Realtors from my and other offices participate. If they like what they see, they will be calling their clients who are looking for something like your property to show it to them. I have sold quite a few properties this way both on the Seller’s and Buyer’s end of the equation.
- Behind the scenes support. Not unlike in a movie or in a stage, what the viewer (or in this case client) sees happening ‘ on stage’ is only a small part of the larger production. Mostly what the Seller sees is a few documents, a sign on the lawn, some of the places where the listing is advertised and some phone calls from their Realtor. That’s the tip of the iceberg. Beyond that here are calling services, automated listing appointment and paging systems, office staff such as reception, Managers to oversee the process, Conveyancers and more. You also won’t see all the phone calls, emails and acquiring, investigating and sharing of documents that goes on.
- I have worked hard to not only give myself a good reputation with the public but among Realtors as well. Realtors are much more comfortable bringing their Buyers and their offers to a property listed with a Realtor who doesn’t cut corners, waste people’s time or show them disrespect.
I can of course go on, but the short of it is that there making sure you get top dollar for your property and that it is done in a way that is safe for you legally and financially is priority. For more general info and advice on this topic, visit my Nanaimo real estate blog.